Terms of Service for World Wide Tennis Association (WWTA) Websites and Tools
Please read - we have tried to keep it short, simple and sweet (with occasional humor).
1. We respect free speech, but not in our program. Anyone bullying, or using hateful or illegal messages at any time can be eliminated from the system, losing profile, ranking and access. We expect online behavior to emulate on court behavior, which means positive, respectful and thoughtful.
2. People of all ages use this system. All things you post should be appropriate for all ages. There are plenty of other places you can go online if you want to be negative or inappropriate.
3. Discrimination based on race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or nationality will result in removal from eligibility in system. Yes, we are saying you must love everyone.
4. Creation of a fake account or inaccurate information in an account may result in the removal of the account and the removal of other accounts associated with the false account.
5. Anything posted in our system is public and could be downloaded or accessed by others. Please do not post things that you wish to keep private.
6. No sites, including ours, can guarantee 100% security. We use industry standard practices and do not store charge card numbers in our system to ensure protection of your financial information. You are responsible for all information in your account and we recommend a strong password to prevent hacking.
7. Giving access to your account to someone else makes you responsible for all transactions made by the person on your behalf. You are 100% responsible at all times for what happens with your account.
8. Parents or legal guardians must sign up and manage accounts for all minors.
9. Ranking is based on players in our system, not every player in the world. Just the players that are cool.
10. We do not guarantee any particular uptime or error free systems. That would be silly.
11. Our system automatically posts tennis news about you to your news feed. You may delete these if you wish, after they are posted.
12. As part of your tennis profile, we make your real name, city, state and country public. We also display your age range - but not your exact age. These items are needed to accurately display your tennis information and ranking.
13. Players may modify settings in the account settings area. WWTA reserves the right to email all players. You may reduce the number of emails in the settings area.
14. We are not responsible for events and people organized in the system, sanctioned or unsanctioned. This is a global system organizing individual people and organizations that are responsible for the events and matches they participate in or coordinate. We do not offer refunds or changes to match outcomes - check with the organizer.
15. Be safe - we cannot verify every user. Do not meet people alone unless you know them well. Do not go to unsafe or isolated places - not all courts in our system are verified. Take precautions just like you would for online dating.
16. On court behavior should be respectful. If a player’s intentional negative behavior causes an injury to themselves, another player or anyone else, we will ban player temporarily or permanently at our discretion. This includes you, McEnroe.
17. Our site uses technology to store information locally and identify you. This is required for the system to work.
18. We reserve the right to modify this terms of service at any time, which is how companies say they can do whatever they want, whenever they want. Keep in mind we exist to enhance the game of tennis and your enjoyment of the sport. Otherwise what is really the point? So we will try our best to be cool with changes to our terms of service.
THE MATERIALS IN THIS WWTA SITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WWTA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE WWTA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE MATERIALS ON ANY WWTA SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY WWTA SITES OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH MATERIALS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WWTA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON ANY WWTA SITES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, content or availability of information found on sites that link to or from any WWTA Company sites. We cannot ensure that you will be satisfied with any products or services that you purchase from a third party site that links to or from any WWTA Sites or third party content on our sites. We do not endorse any of the merchandise (if any) except as expressly provided, nor have we taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information contained in such third party sites or content. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give any third party, and you hereby irrevocably waive any claim against us with respect to such sites and third party content. We strongly encourages you to make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
We explicitly disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, content or availability of information found on sites as most information is submitted by public and cannot be verified.
All Issues, Including Copyright Infringement Claims should be submitted to:
PO Box 295
Kent, Ohio 44240